Feel Better Fit

Feel Better Fit

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 16 - Stuff Happens, Get Back Quickly! (emergency)


Allowable Exceptions and Importance of Recovery.

I spent a good part of the day getting my kid's broken thumb x-rayed and into a purple cast. I had to work before and after the unexpected event. Yes, stuff happens. It's OK. I had my son walk Jasper and although I felt really bummed about it, I skipped a day.

I'm actually glad I felt bummed, that means it's already becoming a part of my day!

It's vital to get back on track immediately should an emergency interfere with your 21 day Habit Forming Stage. Should you face an unavoidable interference, make every effort to immediately resume the task!

Derailing
Sometimes a "derailing" can occur from one lost day. If it does (or has happened to you in the past) start over! Studies show that the more times we attempt something, the better our chance of succeeding becomes. Why? We have learned something to avoid or overcome in each failure. Our persistence in trying again makes the difference.

So should you inadvertently derail, remember the old adage; "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

Learn From Your Mistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment