Feel Better Fit

Feel Better Fit

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 10 - Overcome the "Too Busy" Temptation!

So far, this has been the most difficult day to complete. I feel fine, but I have a lot to get done today. As a trainer, the most repeated reason for not exercising is I don't have time. It's not an excuse, rather a perspective.

We must make time for the things that mold our lives, lest our lives begin to shape our future in opposition to the path we desire.

Take time to consider the times in your life when you were the most industrious. During those times, were you enslaved to circumstances beyond your control? Probably somewhat; that's life. However, you most likely spent time and energy in activities that enlarged your life experience; fitness, education, sports, hobbies.

Pursuits that may be classified as selfish are actually essential to our productivity in other areas of our life. Without them, we become over-taxed and our responsibilities become a burdensome drudgery. Our confidence and energy levels begin to drop and every task becomes more difficult.

Making a 21 day commitment to this new habit has been instrumental in pushing me past the place where I usually say, "Fine, I'll skip my workout and get to work on...'whatever happens to be pressuring me at the moment'."

When I think back to the times of my life that I view as the happiest, most grounded, secure and productive, I can find one common element - I made decisions for my own well-being.

Make a decision to take care of yourself for the one's who love! They just might help you to see it through. My huband and kids are happy to help me to follow me, but I have to make the decisions and make known to them how important it is to me!

When we fail to take care of the bodies we are blessed with, we are investing in a future of being a burden on others as we reap the effects that poor health and diet habits are sure to bring upon us: disease, pain, depression, possibly leaving us partially or fully incapacitated. I want to be a better partner for my husband for a LONG time!

So presently and in the benefits of a full and happy future, I am Celebrating my success in pushing past the pressures to "Skip just this one jog".

I Learned that this venture is teaching me things about myself and strengthening my confidence in making decisions based both on my knowledge and on my faith, rather than being tossed around helplessly like a ship in a stormy sea. I'm trusting my faith to lead me!

I am more determined than ever now, to not only succeed with this 21 days but to regain my confidence and strength in making decisions for my personal fitness a priority again as I Keep Going Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment