Feel Better Fit

Feel Better Fit

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 4 - Bad Day Advice - Reduce Intensity. Don't skip!

Not my best day!

I was sick during the night with a fever and achy but I decided this morning I would stick with my "habit" and just back it down. Usually I would cut myself slack and skip a day, but I know it's important during the 21 day cycle to be as consistent as humanly possible. I really felt OK this morning also.

Bad Day? Reduce intensity, rather than skipping during your first 21 days.
So off we went, Jasper in his thick coat and me in my double layers as usual. I decided to reduce the distance to my previous route which covers about 1 1/2 - 2 miles. I tend to be an over doer by nature so when I should have turned around, I actually thought about going farther. A massive dog appeared to deter me (not Jasper lol). Another dog was just ahead and to avoid a problem I decided to turn around.

As I neared my street, my overdrive kicked in again and I decided to go past it, but lo and behold, road work and flag man. "OK, I get it. Turn around and go home." No doubt in my mind now, there was some divine intervention. Time to "read" the signs!

One more successful jog and whatever bug was making me sick has been defeated. I've been fine all day. Work is done and I'm going home to rest for tomorrow.

I'm Celebrating that I'm more than half way through the first week, despite obstacles.
I've Learned I can be nudged in the right direction when I try to go wrong.
I'm curious to see what else will try to defeat me but determined to
Keep Going Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment