Feel Better Fit

Feel Better Fit

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 11 - Utilize Multi-tasking with cardio activity.


As my body gets accustomed to the activity and my chow learns to be more cooperative, jogging becomes more relaxed and I'm feeling "settled in". When a habit starts to become more "mindless" or requires less thought, spicing it up with something you enjoy is a great idea.

Reading a daily devotional during/before cardio is my "spice". I used to do this during my warm up walk before jogging. Now I read my devotional, then listen to my devotional music. This has a dual benefit.
1. It gave me something to think about (so I'm not thinking about jogging, lol).
2. I know have two productive objectives side by side, complementing one another.

As I've added a spiritual element, my faith to face life's challenges is refueled in my daily runs. My commitment to see it through has doubled with the extra benefit added.

Other "spice" ideas to overcome cardio boredom:
Make a play list of your favorite songs on an mp3 player.
Tune into a favorite talk show with a walkman type mp3.
Download audio books.
Learn a foreign language.

No comments:

Post a Comment